Every year schools and colleges employ learning support staff from ever-decreasing budgets to help improve outcomes for the learners. But in reality, without providing the right kind of training for these important people, how can you guarantee improved results? Answer: you can’t. Knowledge is the key.
To be a highly effective SENDCo or Learning Support Assistant, you need to be sure that you are providing targeted support for pupils and students, unique to the condition or behaviour which exists.
Just one look at this inspiring suite of courses - which lead to an Ofqual Approved Level 2 Award - tells you that this is no ordinary short course qualification for HLTAs, LSAs and TAs. It's not all theory - the absolute practicality of the content of this programme of study is exactly what professional support staff will be able to implement every day.
Take a moment to view the video below, the programme looks exciting doesn’t it?
Now imagine how much easier the support role will be and how much more successful your students will become with the accurate support?
Not only will your students be supported in the right way, but you’ll notice a change in your own mind-shift; your confidence will rise with the sureness of in-class strategies which your new knowledge will bring.
But because of the enormous desire to bring this training to many people in education, we are offering this fully accredited blended home study training programme at an amazingly low fee of only £205 for the Award and £295 for the Extended Award.
It's simple to enrol.
1. Choose your two topics (or four if you want to gain the Extended Award) and let us know which they are.
2. We'll send you a complete set of resources for your guided learning – webinars, links and other handouts.
3. You submit coursework for marking via email and receive feedback via email.
4. Telephone tutorials are available.
To gain the Level 2 Award you will need to set aside approximately 16-20 hours to study, for the Extended Award you'll need to invest around 20 - 30 hours.
At the end of the programme you receive a fully-supported national qualification, and a heck of lot of strategies and expertise to take to the classroom.
Here's how it works. Choose three topics for the Award or 5 topics for Extended Award (including the mandatory unit) from the following:
1. The Role of the Learning Support Practitioner (mandatory)
2. Supporting students with ADHD
3. Supporting students with Autism Spectrum Conditions
4. Positive Behaviour Management in the Classroom
5. Supporting students with Learning Disabilities
6. Supporting students with Mental Ill Health
7. Supporting students with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
8. Supporting students who are Partially Sighted or Blind
9. Supporting students with Dyslexia
10. Supporting students who are Deaf or deaf
11. Safeguarding Students
Book yourself onto this unique home study course today, and start benefiting from all the knowledge you'll gain.